The basic function of the position Offshore Superintendent is to enforce the quality and quantity of workmanship by the direct labor force of the company, and all designated subcontractors, as well as associated professional services, in accordance with company plans, specifications and written and/or verbal direction from the Project Managers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensures all work is performed in accordance with the company’s plans, specification, policies and procedures and of acceptable quality.
- Ensures all labor costs are fully and accurately reported and accumulated for each phase of the project.
- Ensures the project(s) under construction are being completed in accordance with the agreed to, and published, project schedule.
- Updates the project schedule every week; or as required, reflecting current delays and/or advances in the current schedule.
- Ensures all safety regulations are properly displayed and all personnel involved on the project are properly indoctrinated in the safety regulations.
- Ensures an emergency plan is formulated for each project and all personnel on the project is properly trained in the emergency plan.
- Ensure all company tools, equipment, and materials are properly maintained and safeguarded; inventory and status reports provided to the project manager as requested.
- Ensures direct labor force is properly trained and capable of performing the work task assigned.
- Maintains communications with the Project Manager, or designated authority, on scheduling of materials, scheduling and performance of subcontractors and the performance of direct labor work force.
- Maintain and report all Client relationships regarding site visits including client concerns, request for contract changes and all other client expectations to the project manager or designated authority.
- Document the need for, and the required, man hours and/or dollars of non budgeted or underestimated direct labor or materials.
- Perform necessary planning with the project manager to ensure adequate lead time on materials and labor to maintain the schedule on budget terms and conditions of the project.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 10+ years in offshore construction related field