The Superintendent is responsible for the entire operation and safety of the barge and the personnel on board.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Must be able to perform work of a crewmember where each is dependent upon others for safe operations and emergency evacuation.
- Must have leadership and supervisory capabilities.
- Must be able to read and understand job information letter, blueprints, load out sketches and procedures, and general barge forms, etc.
- Must have working knowledge of all personnel classifications incorporated on the barges and the ability to supervise their operations.
- Must have working knowledge of all equipment involved in daily barge operations.
- Must have the ability to anchor a barge at a given location according to weather conditions, pipelines, underwater obstructions, etc. so that barge operations can be accomplished safely and efficiently.
- Must have a broad knowledge of offshore construction and salvage operations. A minimum of 10 years’ experience is required.